GradGuard Support


Tuition - Who is eligible to buy tuition insurance?

Updated 2 months ago | Frequently Asked Questions

GradGuard's Tuition Insurance is available to residents of ALL states. The student must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution. Study abroad programs are also eligible for coverage if through an accredited institution.


Need more information: 

Any student who is healthy enough to begin classes, attending an accredited 4-year non-profit that offers this Tuition Protection Plan program, and responsible for tuition costs, may be eligible to purchase the Tuition Protection Plan. This includes students at a college or university program based in the United States. This does not include private high school, professional development or trade school, or other academic programs. Tuition Protection Plan may not be available in all states. Eligibility and coverage variations are determined by the student's state of residence defined during the enrollment process.


Is the coverage available for foreign students studying in the U.S.?

Students lawfully present and residing in the US who pay tuition to attend an eligible institution can insure their tuition with GradGuard.


Am I covered while studying abroad?

Students studying abroad who pay their tuition and fees to their home school, not the study abroad program, are eligible to purchase coverage.

Contact Us

* indicates a required field